søndag den 13. marts 2016

As the dog barks...

I keep on rolling!

This week my main concern has been this little doggie:


 You saw him in my last post, where he only had his' base- colours on, but now he's all finished up and ready for battle!
He is a Chaos Hound from GameZone Miniatures, that I did a little bit of conversion on; he had some devilish spikes on his' back and they were removed and the cut was modelled over with greenstuff.
The paint scheme is made for him to look as if he's a creature of the same ilk as the orcs with whom he's going to go questing; the green bristles on his' back fit with the gren skin of orcs, although they have a markedly different nuance, than the orcan skin.

And here we have some critters that I painted up, while waiting for washes to dry. Actually, I'm only talking about the small wolves, since the other beasts were painted earlier, but seing as this is all the animals I have for Frostgrave so far, I grouped them together:

The Spiders and small wolves are from a pack from Reaper, in which I also got some great cats, that I'm planning on painting up for Snow Leopards. The big wolf is actually a werewolf miniature from Ral Partha, that I got more than 15 years ago, but didn't paint until now. He's pretty cool and I'm happy that I can find some of these really old lead lumps in my stash and still find a use for them!

These two are Barbarian Orc Archers from Harlequin/Icon miniatures. I seriously love these sculpts, as they are simple and old school, but still very characterful. They don't have tons of detail, but enough to not be boring.
I put this picture up, to show the difference between a basecoat and a single wash of Quickshade Ink from The Army Painter. It's marvellous to see how the wash finds the correct places to land, something I never managed to achieve with Games Workshop's washes. I really can't stress enough, how awesome these inks are; easy to work with, yet awesomely effective!


Lastly is a picture of my next target; the archer for my warband:

He is missing any real armour, but the rules give archers leather armour, as standard, and I think that can be well represented by the animal fur, he is wearing. The inside of the fur is just the rough leather skin of whatever creature he got the fur from.





That's all for this week! I hope you enjoyed this little read and will follow this painting trip with me, as I (hopefully) progress as a painter and writer.

1 kommentar:

  1. Looking really good so far! Your warband is really coming together.

    SvarSlet