søndag den 19. februar 2017

Building a Temple!

So we are deeply into february and since I promised to try and make a post every month this year, here we go!

I have been to Florida with my wife(we live in Denmark, so that was quite a change of climate), for a vacation, before starting a new job, so I've had my plate full. That also resulted in my not really getting any hobby stuff done, before this morning, where I started building a bit.

First off: I think this will become one of those projects, that I work on a bit, then do something completely different, then come back to it. Then I will probably leave it for a year or so and then finish it off in two days, or such. That is how it often goes with my larger, a bit more ambitious projects.
So don't count on my finishing this anytime soon!

So, Here we have the ground plan:

 I did a drawing of it first, while planning everything, but I'm not gonna show you that before everything is finished. The board will be cut to fit the five walls, when all the initial building is done, but before I start painting.
 As you can see, it will be a five-sided chamber and one of the walls will be twice as thick as the others, due to the entryway, which will be a 2 inch wide gate...


And these are the different fundamentals for the room:

Five walls, cut from simple flamingo, bevelled roughly at the ends, to make placement easier; the floor plate, which will eventually be covered in flamingo too; and the sigil which will be the lid of a well, put at the opposite end to the entrance.

Here you can see the rough placement of the things. It might change when I get further, but you get the general idea.
 


As for the entrance, I have begun a bit of the construction.
I made an extra wall piece and cut an open doorway in both of them. Laying them together, I sanded the inner sides a bit, to make them match a bit better, not thinking about the fact, that it won't matter in the end, since I will put in a closed door. I cut out a thin(half a milimeter) slice of the area around the doorway, to make room for a piece of cardboard, that will be the foundation for the actual door.




So here we are now. Hopefully I will get back to you soon, either with more updates on this or with something completely new, perhaps the painting of this fellow, who I bought in Florida:



See you soon!

1 kommentar:

  1. You are of to a good start on this project my friend. Looks good and will be worthy of the gods ! I really like the new model...Get it painted!!

    SvarSlet