torsdag den 14. juli 2016

Game Board Pictures!

As of promised yesterday, here is a bunch of pictures of the finished game board. Well, I say finished, but I actually still need to paint the edges of the board, on some of the sides and I need to do that, before I can seal the static grass on the last plate...

But without further ado:





A bit closer:





And with a spattering of terrain pieces:



And one pic, in which you can see the textures a bit better(accompanied by my favorite orc troupe):





And just because I don't like to stay on one subject, here is the barbarian, I am currently working on. He is to be the first finished model of my first human warband and, actually, if this goes according to plan, he will be the first human miniature, I have ever finished!
I think I'm about halfway done with him; there's a lot of highlighting still to be done, especially on the sword and hairy bits. I have grown fond of the natural colours on him; the miniature didn't turn out nearly as drab, as I'd thought. Of course, the bright green of the crystals help, but even if I had stuck to painting them metal, or something, I still don't think it would have been boring.

Last week I had a visit from Johnny and his lovely fiancé Lone, who just wanted to pay a visit. We had a great time; they are both easy going people, with much of the same dispostition as my wife and I, so we hit it off. And for once, Johnny and I didn't just lapse into nerdism right away, but actually had real conversations, in which both our partners could join!
The only nerdy thing that happened, was that Johnny had brought me a bag of minis: three Kelt Sessairs archers and one more Spasm Warrior(and much, so much, more, but that's for later...). So now I have enough Kelt Sessairs to create a Frostgrave Warband: For wizards I'll use two Spasm Warriors and for the soldiers, I now have a choice of two guys with sword and shield, two guys with a two handed sword, one giant barbarian, wielding two swords, three warriors, each carrying two small axes and three archers.
With a bit of care, I can turn this into just about any of the soldier types available, exept for the ones carrying metal armour. But I think I can manage anyway...




Once again, it became a lot of words, and not many miniatures, but at least I got two posts out in two days! Go me!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar