søndag den 3. april 2016

And we reach conclusion...

And my first warband is done!


Archer, Wizard, Barbarian, Apprentice
Thug, Knight, Warhound, Man-at-arms, Thug

I am not the fastest painter, so I knew, this was going to take a while, but we are finally at play! And I actually have more painted minis ready, if I want to try out different line-ups: More HeroQuest orcs for thugs, more Ruglud's Armoured Orcs for knights or Men-at-arms. But this is the first warband I'm going to try with. Now just to find someone to play against...

The last mini I painted was the Wizard's Apprentice:


I found him a bit more challenging that the others, since he had so much bare skin on him, which needed more attention, to be less boring to look at. So I tried with some reds in the shadows and I think it worked. They came out very subtle, but I think they have to, not to make him look strange...
 He got a bunch of blue jewels, this guy, to make him stick out a bit, from the generally more red-based group he is a part of, but mostly I like that he has all this bone jewellery, instead of beads and bracelets. He really seems like some crazy, magic addicted fuck-up. I tried to make hes skin less brightly green that the archer, but still more brightly green than the Wizards skin. The point is, that he is not as old as the Wizard, but still more worldly than the archer. The rest of the doesn't have this kind of history to them , but I might invent one, at some point...
He got a bunch of blue jewels, this guy, to make him stick out a bit, from the generally more red-based group he is a part of, but mostly I like that he has all this bone jewellery, instead of beads and bracelets. He really seems like some crazy, magic addicted fuck-up. I tried to make hi's skin less brightly green that the archer, but still more brightly green than the Wizards skin. The point is, that he is not as old as the Wizard, but still more worldly than the archer. The rest of the warband doesn't have this kind of history to them , but I might invent one, at some point...


So, what to do now?

Well, I've got the Dreadfleet game, that I'm working on, but I need another project, to keep me going, so I'm considering the following three:

A Science Fiction group of adventurers, composed of these four guys. I'm thinking along the line of Shadowrun, or the like...

Next is a small group of Rackham undeads, three wraiths(pictured), some kind of wraith leader, whose actual name I forgot and a pretty neat ghost guy.

The third is to begin painting up my mind-shattering group. These two are the first, but they will be accompanied by Illithid, bathalian and the coming range of C'thu-miniatures(from Tor Gaming)

But, as I said, I dont excactly know what the future will bring, so check in for updates...



Thanks for reading and have a nice week!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar